Professional Account Libertex
As an elective professional trader you can open a Libertex Pro account today, meaning you will not be subject to the new European leverage restrictions.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Professional Account?
Clients who meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria are eligible:
- Sufficient trading activity in the last 12 monthsYou have performed an average of at least 10 transactions per quarter, of significant size, over the previous four quarters on the relevant market (with Libertex and/or other providers).
- Relevant experience in the financial services sectorYou work/have worked in the financial sector, for at least one year in a professional position which requires knowledge of the related transactions or services.
- Financial instrument portfolio of over €500,0001 (including cash savings and financial instruments)You will not be required to deposit this amount. The size of your financial instrument portfolio exceeds €500,000.
What should you be aware of?
Professional Clients enjoy a lower level of protection as compared to Retail Clients.
You can find additional information about Protection Rights here
Professional Clients by Default
The following entities that satisfy one or more of the following criteria shall be classified as Professional Clients by default:
Entities which are required to be authorized or regulated to operate in the financial markets such as:
• Credit institutions
• Investment firms
• Other authorized or regulated financial institutions
• Insurance companies
• Collective investment schemes and management companies of such schemes
• Pension funds and management companies of such funds
• Commodity and commodity derivatives dealers
• Locals: firms which provide investment services and/or perform investment activities consisting
exclusively in dealing on own account on markets in financial futures or options or other derivatives and
on cash markets for the sole purpose of hedging positions on derivatives markets or which deal for the
accounts of other members of those markets or make prices for them and which are guaranteed by
clearing members of the same markets, where responsibility for ensuring the performance of contracts
entered into by such firms is assumed by clearing members of the same markets.
• Other institutional investors
Large undertakings meeting two of the following size requirements, on a portfolio basis:
• Balance sheet total at least EUR 20.000.000
• Net turnover at least EUR 40.000.000
• Own funds at least EUR 2.000.000
National and regional governments, public bodies that manage public debt, Central Banks, international and supranational institutions such as the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the European Central Bank
Other institutional investors whose main activity is to invest in financial instruments, including entities
dedicated to the securitization of assets or other financing transactions.
The entities mentioned above are considered to be Professional Clients by default. So, where the Client fulfils one of the criteria referred to above, the Company shall inform it prior to any provision of services that, on the basis of the information available to the Company, the Client is deemed to be a professional Client and will be treated as such unless the Company and the Client agree otherwise.
Professional Account Libertex
Risk warning: CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 83% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.